Skip to main content

Minor In Possession

What do I do?

Asked about 21 hours ago - Highland, KS
Practice area: Speeding Ticket
I just got a MIP for walking down a college sidewalk with a sip left in my bottle that they searched my book bag for without consent. They didnt read me any rights. They just gave me a ticket without breathalyzer and sent me on my way. That's it. What do I do?


  1. Answered You need to hire an attorney. The searching of the bag may be the important part. If the search was illegal than the evidence will be suppressed. As for reading you your rights, only applies to an arrest and the evidence taken after you were arrested or detained similar to an arrest. This is something that a good attorney can dispose of or obtain a good plea bargain.
    No Attorney-Client Relationship or Legal Advice Communication of information by, in, to or through this Web site...more
    • Comment
      All information provided by this site, including summaries and articles on legal topics, is general in nature and provided for informational purposes only. This information is not intended as legal advice, and should not be taken as such. Legal advice involves an attorney’s application of legal knowledge and judgment to specific facts and circumstances presented by a client. Before providing specific advice, a lawyer may need to conduct legal research and/or obtain additional facts. Nonlawyers should therefore not draw conclusions about what may be legally required, permissible, or advisable based solely upon consultation of general sources of legal information, including this and other law firm websites, without first seeking appropriate legal advice.