Skip to main content

Theft of a Home Pregnancy Test


Hello, My name is Alexis. On 5/20/16 I was caught kind of shoplifting a $10 pregnancy test, I need help on this one.

Asked about 1 hour ago - Chicago, IL
Practice area: Criminal Defense
5/20/16 I was having a pregnancy scare, so me and my friend went to Walmart to get a test. We went in the back bathroom to initially put the test in my wallet & leave. However as we were walking, right before we made it to the door we were caught. They brought us in a room, we signed a paper, gave them our id's and they even took a picture of us. They said we were off with a warning AND NO COPS WERE CALLED. A week later I received a civil demand letter from Michael ira Asen telling me to pay $300. However my friend never got one. ALSO THE ITEM NEVER LEFT THE STORE, The $10 test was given back right away!! Everytime I call they hang up on me or give me attitude. My questions are
1.) is this really a scam?
2.) what will happen if I don't pay?
3.) I'm studying to be a nurse, will this be on some type of record I NEVER stole before!
4.) I can't afford a lawyer and I don't want my mom to know, on general what do I do?!

PLEASE HELP. IVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE IM SO EMBARRASSED.
Answer this question
You have already answered this question. To add additional information to your—or any other—answer, click the corresponding "Comment" link.

ATTORNEY ANSWERS (1)

  1. Answered First, do not admit to what you are doing like this on this site, it can be used against you.
    I will answer your questions and label them
    1. It is not a scam but is real, though I have not heard or anything really happening when not paying
    2. generally nothing
    3. most likely not
    4. relax and move on with your life.
    • www.speedingticketkc.com

      https://twitter.com/speedingticketk/ 

      https://www.facebook.com/SpeedingticketKansascity 

      https://plus.google.com/+Speedingticketkc/
      All information provided by this site, including summaries and articles on legal topics, is general in nature and provided for informational purposes only. This information is not intended as legal advice, and should not be taken as such. Legal advice involves an attorney’s application of legal knowledge and judgment to specific facts and circumstances presented by a client. Before providing specific advice, a lawyer may need to conduct legal research and/or obtain additional facts. Nonlawyers should therefore not draw conclusions about what may be legally required, permissible, or advisable based solely upon consultation of general sources of legal information, including this and other law firm websites, without first seeking appropriate legal advice.

Comments