Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What happens if I never get a traffic ticket for an offense??

How long do they have to serve me with ticket? I assume it has to be in person like any other subpoena?

Asked 34 minutes ago - Chandler, AZ
Practice area: Speeding Ticket
I was at fault for running a red light on March 5, 2016. I was only given the officers business card at the scene. After speaking with rep. from both insurance companies and the officer via telephone, I was verbally informed and then later, by letter, that I was at fault. Approximately 2 months later I receive notification from AZ DOT that my license has been suspended for FTA on said ticket. I called the court and was told to speak with officer and then judge if unsatisfied. The officer at first tried to tell me I was cited at scene, but eventually he admitted that he had not.
I understand that I need to speak to the judge to have suspension lifted.


  1. Answered You have until the statute of limitation runs out on your offense. They generally send you a notice in the mail like a letter. Failure of notice could be a defense here since no one contacted you or it was sent to an incorrect address. I would hire an attorney and get this all cleared up.
    No Attorney-Client Relationship or Legal Advice Communication of information by, in, to or through this Web site...more
    • Comment
      All information provided by this site, including summaries and articles on legal topics, is general in nature and provided for informational purposes only. This information is not intended as legal advice, and should not be taken as such. Legal advice involves an attorney’s application of legal knowledge and judgment to specific facts and circumstances presented by a client. Before providing specific advice, a lawyer may need to conduct legal research and/or obtain additional facts. Nonlawyers should therefore not draw conclusions about what may be legally required, permissible, or advisable based solely upon consultation of general sources of legal information, including this and other law firm websites, without first seeking appropriate legal advice.