Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Get your lawyer in serious situations!!!

Can i go to court by myself and show the judge the proper paperwork and have it dismissed or do i need an attorney, 500$ cost?

Asked about 13 hours ago - Saint Louis, MO
Practice area: Speeding Ticket
I have a hardship license due to dwi. I was driving home from work one day when someone ran a stop sign plowing into the side of my truck. The police were called and they asked for our licenses. The current piece of paper that was valid the day before this accident was sitting on my kitchen counter at home. I gave him the expired one and he told me that it was suspended. I told him i had the current one at home just not physically with me because i just got it the day before. He wrote me a ticket for driving while suspended. I went up to the municipality where the ticket was out of the next day to prove that i did have a valid license and they made a copy of it and put it in my file but told me that this was a violation that an appearance was still required.


  1. Answered Do not take any chances, get your DWI lawyer to take your paper down there and get this dismissed. This has ramifications of revoking your diversion agreement. Call your lawyer immediately.
      All information provided by this site, including summaries and articles on legal topics, is general in nature and provided for informational purposes only. This information is not intended as legal advice, and should not be taken as such. Legal advice involves an attorney’s application of legal knowledge and judgment to specific facts and circumstances presented by a client. Before providing specific advice, a lawyer may need to conduct legal research and/or obtain additional facts. Nonlawyers should therefore not draw conclusions about what may be legally required, permissible, or advisable based solely upon consultation of general sources of legal information, including this and other law firm websites, without first seeking appropriate legal advice.