Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Lose my license over a traffic ticket???

Q: Do I need a lawyer for a speeding violation in Lyon County, going 26 MPH over the 70 MPH speed limit? I live in MO.

I was told that if I were a Kentucky resident I would lose my drivers license for this offense. Further, since I am a resident of Missouri, the same circumstance could apply as a Missouri driver. Is this true?

  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Kansas City, MO
  • Licenced in Missouri
A: Assuming this is your only offense and you are a non-cdl driver, no you will not lose your license. Do you need to get an attorney, Yes I recommend getting an attorney and getting your ticket amended to a non-moving violation. In Missouri they department of revenue adds points to your record and if you get enough your license can be suspended. Insurance companies will check your driving record when you renew or look for new insurance. Because you got a speeding ticket, they will raise your rates because they will assume you are a riskier driver. The amendment process is quite easy and costs generally between $150-$300 in fines and I charge a flat fee of $75 a ticket. Get a lawyer and get this taken care of.
All information provided by this site, including summaries and articles on legal topics, is general in nature and provided for informational purposes only. This information is not intended as legal advice, and should not be taken as such. Legal advice involves an attorney’s application of legal knowledge and judgment to specific facts and circumstances presented by a client. Before providing specific advice, a lawyer may need to conduct legal research and/or obtain additional facts. Nonlawyers should therefore not draw conclusions about what may be legally required, permissible, or advisable based solely upon consultation of general sources of legal information, including this and other law firm websites, without first seeking appropriate legal advice.