Skip to main content

License valid in one state but not another?


License showing suspended in one state but valid in my home state?

Asked 7 days ago - Los Angeles, CA
Practice area: Government

License showing suspended in one state but valid in my home state?

Asked 7 days ago - Los Angeles, CA
Practice area: Government
I currently have a license in state A. According to my home state's DMV (state A) my license is valid, but in the state where I received my citation (state B), my license is showing a suspension due to no insurance. The no insurance citation I received was just over two years ago, so am I correct in assuming that if I never drive in the state where I received the citation (state B), that I can drive in my home state or any other state?

ATTORNEY ANSWERS (1)



  1. Answered This could be clerical error in either state. Depending upon if the states have an interstate compact agreement on traffic crimes, the insurance citation could make its way to your home state and have our license removed. I would consider getting your violation taken care of in state b so there is nothing hanging over your head.
    • Comment
      • www.speedingticketkc.com

        https://twitter.com/speedingticketk/ 

        https://www.facebook.com/SpeedingticketKansascity 

        https://plus.google.com/+Speedingticketkc/
        All information provided by this site, including summaries and articles on legal topics, is general in nature and provided for informational purposes only. This information is not intended as legal advice, and should not be taken as such. Legal advice involves an attorney’s application of legal knowledge and judgment to specific facts and circumstances presented by a client. Before providing specific advice, a lawyer may need to conduct legal research and/or obtain additional facts. Nonlawyers should therefore not draw conclusions about what may be legally required, permissible, or advisable based solely upon consultation of general sources of legal information, including this and other law firm websites, without first seeking appropriate legal advice.

Comments