Assaulted while trespassing, will I be prosecuted??


I was assaulted on property I wasn't supposed to be on. (Was assaulted in a college campus house after being banned from campus) Police are looking for me to identify the suspects and tell me that I won't be charged for trespassing because I'm giving information for a higher crime. Is this true? They didn't physically catch me on campus, but they've be notified I've been assaulted in an area I wasn't supposed to be.
Cost: Free
United States  |  Missouri  |  64093  |  Criminal Law
3/16/16, 10:10 am

Answer

It could be true, but you need an attorney to get you immunity. Generally the police do not like to prosecute victims, but by saying you were there, you are admitting to trespassing. If the police and prosecutor are really more interested in prosecuting your attackers instead of prosecuting you for trespassing, they will grant you immunity from prosecution.
Richard Simons
Speedingticketkc.com
5525 Rockhill Rd.
Kansas CIty, MO 64110
www.speedingticketkc.com

https://twitter.com/speedingticketk 

https://www.facebook.com/SpeedingticketKansascity 

https://plus.google.com/+Speedingticketkc/
All information provided by this site, including summaries and articles on legal topics, is general in nature and provided for informational purposes only. This information is not intended as legal advice, and should not be taken as such. Legal advice involves an attorney’s application of legal knowledge and judgment to specific facts and circumstances presented by a client. Before providing specific advice, a lawyer may need to conduct legal research and/or obtain additional facts. Nonlawyers should therefore not draw conclusions about what may be legally required, permissible, or advisable based solely upon consultation of general sources of legal information, including this and other law firm websites, without first seeking appropriate legal advice.

Comments