Skip to main content

Marijuana Possession

Is there any chance of getting locked up? Should I expect to be put on probation? Will I just get fined and if so how much?

Asked 6 days ago - Munfordville, KY
Practice area: Criminal Defense
I got pulled over in hart country Kentucky with a gram of weed for personal use it was rolled up in a cigar ready to smoke I gave it up to the officer he gave me a court summons and cut me loose. This is my first offense. Other than that I have a clean record

ATTORNEY ANSWERS (1)

  1. Answered There is always a chance of getting locked up. A supreme court case upheld the arrest and jailing of a woman not wearing a seat belt. The maximum penalty for possession in Kentucky is 45 days and or a $250 fine, for possession of less than 8 ounces. I certainly think you will get fined, probation and what type of probation is all up to the judge. The fact you cooperated with the officer is always helpful. I do not practice in Kentucky and do not know the judges in Hart County so I cannot take a guess as to whether they are lenient or not.
     www.speedingticketkc.com

    https://twitter.com/speedingticketk 

    https://www.facebook.com/SpeedingticketKansascity 

    https://plus.google.com/+Speedingticketkc/
    All information provided by this site, including summaries and articles on legal topics, is general in nature and provided for informational purposes only. This information is not intended as legal advice, and should not be taken as such. Legal advice involves an attorney’s application of legal knowledge and judgment to specific facts and circumstances presented by a client. Before providing specific advice, a lawyer may need to conduct legal research and/or obtain additional facts. Nonlawyers should therefore not draw conclusions about what may be legally required, permissible, or advisable based solely upon consultation of general sources of legal information, including this and other law firm websites, without first seeking appropriate legal advice.

Comments